Sprinkle in Fresh Herbs
A handful of fresh herbs can add flavor and freshness to virtually any dish. Here are a few ideas:
- Pair basil leaves with sun-warmed tomato slices for an irresistible sandwich or salad.
- Drop whole mint leaves into a tall glass of iced tea.
- To create herbal butters, mince herbs and mix into softened butter.
- Create Fines Herbes by mixing 1 Tbsp. each of chervil, parsley, chives and tarragon. Sprinkle the mixture over eggs or meats before serving.
- Add freshly minced herbs to vegetable or fruit salads.
- Puree fresh herbs with mayonnaise to produce innovative sandwiches.
View more recipes, articles, questions, tips or tutorials.