Want flavor without the liquor? Try the following substitution tips:
- Use nonalcoholic wine in place of the real thing.
- Subsitute chicken stock for wine in entrees.
- Subsitute white grape or apple juice for wine in desserts. For each cup of wine requested, add nearly a cup of juice with a generous splash of lemon juice and vinegar.
- Subsitute 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. almond extract for each 1/4 cup of Amaretto or almond liqueur requested.
- Substitute frozen orange juice concentrate and a little orange zest for orange liqueurs.
- Substitute quadruple-strength coffee for coffee liqueurs.
View more recipes, articles, questions, tips or tutorials.