Traditional Potato Salad
- 2 lbs. Idaho Potatoes, peeled and diced (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup finely diced celery
Place potatoes in large pot and add enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Cook 13 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion or scallion
- 1/2 cup chopped hard-boiled egg
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley,chives or dill
In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add potatoes, celery and optional add-ins.
Toss to coat thoroughly.
Approximate nutritional analysis:
170 calories, 4 grams fat, 3 grams protein, 31 grams carbohydrate, 5 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium.
Idaho Potato Commission
View more recipes, articles, questions, tips or tutorials.